- 29 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Set Up Scalefusion MDM Client App
- Updated on 29 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Scalefusion MDM Client App for iOS offers the following features,
- Send Broadcast Messages to Device
- Capture Location from Device
- Publish Files and Folders using Scalefusion's Content Management
To leverage these features, the first step is to configure the Scalefusion MDM Client app on each iOS device that you have enrolled in Scalefusion. This document guides you through the process.
Before You Begin
Please watch the video below to get a visual walkthrough.
On the Scalefusion Dashboard
- Publishing Scalefusion MDM Client App is similar to publishing any Apple Store App/Enterprise App. However, the Scalefusion MDM Client App is listed in the Application Management > Scalefusion Apps section.
- Assuming that you have enrolled a device and have created a Device Profile, navigate to Application Management > Scalefusion Apps section on the dashboard.
- Here apply a filter to show apps for the iOS platform. Click on the Scalefusion MDM Client app card. A panel will open from the right-hand side.
- Click on the PUBLISH button. A dialog will be shown with all the Apple Profiles that you have created.
- In the dialog, choose the Profiles where you want to install the app.
- Click PUBLISH to confirm.
- This will send a push to all the devices, and the app should start getting downloaded.If you enable the Scalefusion MDM Client App in the Apple Profile, then it will automatically publish/install the application on the device. The above steps are not required.
On the iOS Device
- Once the application is installed, you will see the Scalefusion MDM Client app icon on the home screen.
- Click on the Scalefusion MDM Client icon. Once the app is launched, it will try to automatically sync to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Once this succeeds, it will ask you to grant Location permission. Depending upon your need, grant the necessary permission and click Continue,
- Always Allow - This collects the Location even if the application is terminated
- Allow only when the Application is being used - This collects the location only when the application is being used by the end user.
- Now you will be asked for Notification permission. This permission is required to show notifications for Broadcast messages when the application is not running. Grant the permission and click Continue.On Supervised Devices, Notification Permission will be automatically granted.
- This will complete the configuration of the Scalefusion MDM Client application.