- 29 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
MobiLock October 29th 2018 Release Notes
- Updated on 29 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
MobiLock Dashboard v7.2.0
MobiLock Pro Android Client v4.0.0
Release Date - 29th October 2018
- Setup UI updated and Request for new Permissions. Read our new enrollment guide here.
- A new theme for the setup screens and permission screens.
- To comply with Google Play Store policies we updated the MobiLock’s target SDK version. This would require a few more permissions during the device setup.
- UPGRADING THE ANDROID CLIENT ON EXISTING DEVICES on Android 6.0 and above devices
- Since the target SDK version of MobiLock has been changed, this would require a new permission to be granted explicitly. The permission is to Write System Settings. An option to Complete Setup would be shown in the 3 dots Menu.
- Without this Permission, the features related to controlling the Brightness, Device Rotation, Hotspot and Screen Timeout will NOT work.
- Please read our help document on the actions post-upgrade here.
- Added support for Multi-Geofence
- Now apply multiple geofences to devices and monitor the events.
- Use the View Logs option right on the Geofence page to filter the events using various properties.
- App-Notification badges on MobiLock lock screen
- A Notification icon will be shown on the MobiLock lock screen whenever there is a new notification from allowed apps. These are non-actionable visual cues.
- Choose to Play MobiLock notification sound on EMM devices
- Some OEM’s are blocking the default sound on EMM (setup using afw#mobilock) devices. Enable the option under Android Utilities > Global Settings > Play Sound for Incoming Notifications to play a notification sound. Note that this option is generic and your user’s might end up hearing two sounds.
- Allow Users to Clear App Data and Uninstall application from MobiLock home screen
- Enable these settings in Device Profile > Homescreen Settings.
- Once enabled, end-users can long press on the app icon on MobiLock home screen to either clear data or uninstall the application.
Clear App Data - Works only on supported devices.
Uninstall Application - On the device, the option is shown for non-critical system applications. If user uninstalls an enterprise application then the application will be downloaded and installed again.
MobiLock Pro Dashboard & Android Client: Himmat, Lalit, Neha, Prafull, Saili, Shubham