- 23 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Configure Pulse Secure on Android
- Updated on 23 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Scalefusion and Android for Work make it easy for you to configure Pulse Secure VPN on your managed Android devices. Follow the guide below to configure Pulse Secure.
Before you Begin
- Complete Android for Work Setup in Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Enroll your corporate-owned devices using afw#mobilock
- Invite your Employees to enroll their personal devices.
Search and Approve Pulse Secure
The first step is to search and approve Pulse Secure for your organization. The steps are,
- Sign In Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Enterprise > My Apps > Play For Work Apps
- Click on the SEARCH & ADD button to see the Google Play dialog.
- In the Google Play dialog, search for Pulse Secure,
- Click on the Pulse Secure app and select Approve
- Follow the onscreen instructions to approve the application. Click Done to close the dialog, and now the app starts appearing on the Scalefusion Dashboard.
Configuring Pulse Secure Settings
Once you have the Pulse Secure app, the next step is to configure the application. The steps are,
- Click on the Pulse Secure application to see the details card.
- Click on the App Configurations tab and click CREATE to see the configuration options.
- Pulse Secure gives you the following configuration options,
|The display name for the VPN as shown on the user's mobile device
|The URL of the headend is the actual Pulse Secure VPN Server.
|Choose the authentication type for the VPN connection.
|The username to be used or blank. You can use custom properties for a dynamic configuration, like $device.<customproperty> or $user.email
|Optional field to specify the password for the VPN connection.
|The alternate username to be used or blank.
|The alternate password is to be used or blank.
|The Alias of the certificate in Android KeyStore if the Authentication type is cert alias.
|Enable this setting to make this VPN the default VPN.
|Enter the VPN Realm, which specifies the compliance rules for the users to use the VPN.
|Define the user roles that is, the capabilities related to access features and other personalization settings.
|Choose if the VPN has to be used at a device level or app level.
|Choose the action for Applications, whether to allow or disallow. Based on the list of packages in AppVPNPackages will be treated.
|Comma-separated list of packages to be either allowed or disallowed for VPN.
|Always on VPN
|Enable this to use this VPN as an always-ON VPN and requires a logoff to disconnect.
|Enable Stealth mode authentication.
4. Once you have entered the values, click on SAVE to save the configuration. All the saved configurations appear in the list.
Publishing the Application and Configuration
Once you have created the configuration, the next step is to publish the application and then the configuration. The steps are,
- From the App Details card, click on the App Information tab and click on PUBLISH
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you want to publish the application and click PUBLISH
- Now click on the App Configuration tab. Click on the Publish icon.
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you have published the application in Step 3, and click PUBLISH
- This will cause the applications to be installed on the devices and then configured based on the configuration.